Please note: You are not allowed to save your application and continue working
on it later, so please make sure you have all necessary materials ready and
completed when you begin filling out the application. Once you submit the application, you will not be able to make changes.
Incomplete applications will not be presented for review.
International Fellows-in-Training Travel Scholarships are designed to financially assist research and non-research fellows and residents-in-training in allergy/immunology in attending the AAAAI's 2015 Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held February 20 - February 24, 2015 in Houston, Texas, and will cover current research relevant to the field of Allergy/Immunology.
This program offers international allergy/immunology fellows-in-training the opportunity to attend the meeting and to:
- Meet other allergists/immunologists and to learn from others’experiences;
- Keep abreast of the current research in the field; and
- Contribute to the scientific development of the field.
- Present original research at the AAAAI Annual Meeting.
To assure greater equity, financial support reflects variable air travel costs. Based on available estimates, the following maximum grant amounts (USD) have been established by the AAAAI Grant Review Committee:
Mexico recipients - $900.00
Europe recipients - $1400.00
East Asia recipients - $1900.00
Australia/New Zealand recipients - $2200.00
Africa/South Asia recipients - $2100.00
South America recipients - $1800.00
Middle East recipients - $1800.00
Please note grant amounts are for actual expenses incurred and receipts must be submitted within one month after the meeting. This grant will reimburse travel, hotel, and meal expenses only. Rental car, registration fees, and abstract fees are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Grants are awarded to postdoctoral applicants in training in allergy/immunology who are within 7 years at the time of application of their latest doctoral degree and who are outside the U.S. and Canada; Residents of the U.S. and Canada should apply for a domestic travel grant.
- The applicant is an International FIT Member of the AAAAI or has a completed membership application on file at the time of the submission of their 2013 International Fellows-in-Training Scholarship application. Information about International FIT membership is available at http://www.aaaai.org/about-the-aaaai/aaaai-membership/international-in-training-and-phd-member.aspx.
- No more than 2 scholarships will be provided to the same medical center
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not received a scholarship in the past.
- Applicant must be listed as an author for an abstract accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- Grant selection is made by an ad hoc committee consisting of regional representatives from the AAAAI.
- Grants are based first and foremost on merit. The quality of the candidate’s credentials, training, research and environment are major factors in the selection.
- The applicant’s future in the field of allergy/immunology will also be considered.
- Due to the limited availability of funds and interest in honoring geographic diversity, some applicants may not be accepted for funding.
- All applicants will be notified of the review results in late December.
- Applications are submitted online and should include a complete curriculum vitae, a summary of clinical/laboratory research and a copy of the submitted abstract.
- Applicants must provide the name and email address of a supervisor or program director.
- If the supervisor or program director is not an AAAAI Fellow, then the application must also include the name and email address of an AAAAI Fellow.
- Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible.
For additional information, contact Jerome Schultz; Phone: (414) 272-6071; Fax: (414) 272-6070; Email: email@example.com.
I have submitted an abstract for presentation.
Abstract Control Number
Do you provide direct or indirect care to patients with allergic and/or immunologic diseases
Do you have a MD (MD Equivalent) or PhD?
Date degree received
(If you answered no to any question above, you are not eligible for a scholarship.)
Are you an AAAAI International In-Training member?
AAAAI membership ID number
Confirm Email Address
Institution Mailing Address
Date your allergy/immunology training began
Date it will be completed
Program Director's Name
Program Director's Email Address
Mentor's Email Address
If mentor or program director is not an AAAAI Fellow, please provide the name of an AAAAI Fellow who is familiar with your career development.
Fellow's Email Address
What allergy/immunology clinical and research training have you received since you got your postdoctoral degree?
What are your future allergy/immunology career plans?
Allergy/Immunology clinical or laboratory research completed, planned, or in progress: Please write a summary of your Allergy/Immunology related clinical or laboratory research. This may include: (1) previous work, (2) current or future work, (3) your reason for undertaking projects, (4) experimental plan(s), (5) results, and (6) conclusions. One project will suffice. DO NOT include more than three projects. Please use standard type. Project(s) should be submitted as one document. Identify each project with a title header to include start and end dates of the project. Please do not exceed 2 (single-spaced) pages for each project.